Fire crews responded to fire at North Charleston townhouse caused due to malfunctioning equipment

North Charleston, South Carolina – Malfunctioning electrical equipment was the reason for the fire in one townhouse in North Charleston on Thursday.

According to fire department officials, crews responded to a 911 call around 4:30 p.m. when neighbors reported smokes coming from one of the houses on Hunters Ridge Lane.

Smoke alarms were activated and warn the residents of the house. EMS and North Charleston Fire Department crews responded on the scene.

The first responders reported heavy smoke coming from the front door. Crews immediately responded and managed to extinguish the fire in a short period of time.

One house unit was affected by the fire. American Red Cross financially helped two people.

The investigation showed that the reason for the fire was malfunctioning electrical equipment.

Monica Doyle

Editor-in-Chief

Related Articles

Back to top button